Friday, July 1, 2011

poor birdy!


i don't know if you can see the fuzzy lump in the background of this photo but its what i'm going to call the 'neighborhood cat'.  it's been hanging out on what i call our 'roof/deck' for a couple weeks now.
(i.e. our windows are in level with a roof, which kinda turns it into a deck...)

one afternoon this bird came flying right to my window and perched itself on the little balcony.  i was a bit surprised and was happy that the window wasn't open (as it mostly is during this time of year) because i was sure this bird would have came on in as it was tapping on the window.

i stupidly just thought 'oh a cute birdy' and went on my business for the rest of the day not even thinking about it.
later in the evening my while my husband and i were watching some movie we heard a pretty hard hit on  the window... and to our surprise it was 'neighborhood cat' hunting the bird.

i couldn't just let the cat kill the bird. (i know this is nature, but i couldn't handle hearing it happen outside my bedroom window).  i knew the bird was going to die (as you might see the brain is exposed in the photo).  so i thought i would let it die on it's own; put it in a shoe box and took it outside on the other side of the building where the cat most likely wouldn't find it.

what would you have done?



2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! This is sooo sad Jaq! I do not know what I would have done. That is a tough call.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails