Sunday, February 8, 2009

So Let Us Begin...

I don't know if I ever mentioned it to you, but I used to have a blog on xanga... hum (insert thoughtful memory look here).  This is were I showed the world how horrible I am at writing, but it was an interesting couple of years to say the least.  I find it strange when things like this fade away and they suddenly disappear from my life, becoming a memory.

Anyway, I'm ready to begin again.  Hillary gave me the idea, however, once I put my blog together (which took a total of ten minutes) I didn't know what to say.  I suddenly became a victim to writers block.  For the past 2 weeks, I have been thinking, "Oh this is something I could write in my blog"....

So to get you back to speed in the event of moving across the country, it's most certainly is a range of mixed feelings.  Especially when I was going through some horrible PMS.  I mostly feel that the PMS made the trip more of a horror, but I was very calm when it came to most things.  I had trouble hanging on to one particular problem or issue and hanging on to it crying like I haven't in months.  This consisted of my furniture issues. 

 At this point, I will add a disclaimer:  I love my mother.  I am thankful for paying my way here.  I don't know what I would do without her.... 

She bothered me simply because she would tell me not to bring an item and then ask why I hadn't brought it or packed it.  I felt like everything I didn't pack in which she to told me to not bring was suddenly something she wanted me to bring in the long run.  The eventually turned into a "misunderstanding" between us.  However, I will continue to believe that I am right.

So I don't have much furniture.  My bed is sitting on the floor.  I don't own much here, but I will be leaving and going through this all over again in several months when I make the move to Paris.  So to looking on the bright side to life...(add singing here)

Money.  I might possibly believe that this another issue of stress.  I had saved for months so I wouldn't be in this problem, but it didn't work!  My rent is $825 and for the last 3 weeks I have paid 1/3 of January's rent and all of February's rent plus all my bills.  Luckily, I'm getting married soon and my lovely fiance helped me a bit!

But let's just put it this way:  I got a job in a week and a half.  I moved here on a Monday and the following Wednesday I had a full time job with benefits.... It is a job a retail establishment called Top Shop.  I know, I know.  "Retail" uhg, right?!  Well.  I had fun during the interview.  In the beginning I didn't care to be there, but then it got fun.  I really wanted to be there. AND now I am looking forward to my job I will hold there.  Besides I can't sit around for long, I'm only going to be here for 7 more months.  Which really isn't that long.  I would also like to do an internship while I'm here.   So life isn't too bad, right?!

So since my Mom left me in the city, alone,  (just kidding... I couldn't wait!)....  I got my job and hope to find a second because I have been sitting around the house for days on end trying to keep myself busy for the next weeks while I'm waiting for my job to start.

Deep Breath.  My rant.  My start.  I think I should finish here.   

Until next time, Jacquie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails